Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Food Lion, diversity and inclusion is important to all aspects of our business, including workplace, marketplace, suppliers and communities. A diverse workforce makes us a better company and is essential to our continued growth.
Values at Food Lion
COURAGE: We drive change, are open-minded, bold and innovative.
INTEGRITY: We do the right thing and earn customers' trust.
TEAMWORK: Together, we take ownership, collaborate, and win.
CARE: We care for our customers, our colleagues, and our communities.
HUMOR: We are humble, down-to-earth, and don't take ourselves too seriously.
At Food Lion, we continue to cultivate an inclusive culture that values diversity of thought and collaboration, enabling all associates to contribute to their full potential.
Supplier Diversity makes good business sense. It's good for Food Lion, our customers and the prosperity of our local economies.
Through our Supplier Diversity Program, we're able to offer a variety of products and services to meet the needs of our diverse customer base.
Awards and Recognition
Business Resource Groups
- Create a better experience for our customers and associates with disabilities.
- Aggressively develop the talents and skills of our associates in support of becoming the supermarket of choice for customers and the employer of choice for associates with disabilities.
- The African American Business Resource Group’s core mission and direction is to support the five key focus areas of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion - Workforce Diversity, Workforce Inclusion, Continual Learning, Brand, and Accountability.
- The Asian-Pacific Business Resource Group purpose is to contribute to Food Lion's success as a profitable retailer and be recognized as a company with an inclusive culture.
- In addition to developing our engaged cultural experience through events and community outreach we will build membership through creating a safe space to provide the opportunity to network and develop professional relationships.
- The Friends Business Resource Group (BRG) cultivates a comfortable environment for all of our associates and customers with a focus on the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning and straight-Ally (LGBTQA) community. The Friends Business Resource Group (BRG) is a group of highly engaged and diverse associates.
- The Generations Business Resource Group (BRG) cultivates an environment for all associates to understand and engage with the various work force generations to promote healthy, effective communication and individualism both professionally and throughout the community in such a way the represents the initiatives and direction of Food Lion.
- To become subject matter experts to the business, on the Hispanic/Latino market opportunities in the markets we serve, with a focus on: human capital, marketing, products, and community.
- Our ultimate mission is to increase Native American associate engagement and customer loyalty to Food Lion through education designed to cultivate cultural awareness and community outreach efforts.
Veteran & Military
- Our goal is to support veterans and military personnel and their families who are serving and have served in our communities.
- To provide educational and developmental programs to the organization on veterans and military community to increase knowledge about issues the community may encounter.
- To partner with talent acquisition to create a diverse talent pool and leverage veteran skill sets and training the military provides.
- We foster an inclusive and innovative environment that represents and partners with the communities in which we do business. Through awareness and mentor-ship, we are deliberate in attracting, inspiring and developing the women in our organization to optimize total business performance.