1.How ASUS collects and uses data
This paragraph introduces how your data may be collected and used by ASUS products and services.
When you use or interact with ASUS products and services (for example, ASUS computers, software, official websites and customer support services), we may need to collect certain items of personal data from you and use it for specific purposes. The following description is an overview (not the exhaustive list) about how your data may be collected and used by ASUS. Please note that we will only collect certain items of your personal data for particular purposes based on the ASUS products and services you actually use. Also, the items of the personal data to be collected are varied from the nature of respective product and service. Moreover, in some countries, in order to avoid wrongfully collecting or using children’s personal data, you may need to additionally provide your date of birth or the contact information of your parent (or guardian) so that we could obtain the consent from your parent (or guardian). Furthermore, when you use ASUS products and services, we may collect the following anonymous data which could not directly or indirectly identify you.
When you use ASUS products and services, you do not have to provide your personal data requested by us. However, if you choose not to provide your personal data to ASUS, we may not be able to provide the corresponding ASUS products and services or respond to your inquires.
1.1 ASUS collection of personal data
Personal data means any data which could directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, email address and IP address. ASUS may collect the following personal data based on your prior consent:
- Your true, accurate, current and complete registration data, including your e-mail address, country/region and date of birth (now only requested in some countries) when you sign up for ASUS/ROG account. If you use your social media account (for example, your Facebook or Google account) to sign up for ASUS/ROG account, such social media provider (for example, Facebook Inc. or Google Inc.) may share your personal data under your social media account (for example, email address, name, nickname and date of birth) based on your consent.
Moreover, when you log in your ASUS/ROG account (Route: Visit ASUS official website /entry.htm→find “LOGIN” on the upper-right side of the website→insert the E-mail address and password you registered for ASUS/ROG accountfind your data under “my Account”), you can provide additional personal data to edit your personal profile (for example, your picture, gender, address and profession), and to enjoy ASUS products and services associated with your ASUS/ROG account (for example, your product serial number for ASUS product registration, articles and pictures posted and uploaded on ASUS’ forums which may contain your personal data).
- Your name, mailing/shipping/billing address (including zip code), contact information such as e-mail address and phone number when you make a purchase of our products or paid services (for example, purchasing ASUS products or warranty extension services through ASUS Store).
- Your name, contact information such as e-mail address and phone number, mailing/shipping address (including zip code), country, product data such as product serial number, a copy of your invoice (in some countries, your name, address and other personal data may be included in an invoice), and payment details (such as VAT number or Tax Code) if any costs incurred when you request for customer services.
- Your name, contact information such as e-mail address and phone number, submitted contents like posts, reviews and pictures, product data such as product serial number, a copy of your invoice (in some countries, your name, address and other personal data may be included in an invoice) when you enter our events or campaigns. The actual collected items of your personal data will vary from respective event or campaign. Moreover, if you are a winner of our event or campaign, or if you will receive giveaways from ASUS, you may need to additionally provide your mailing/shipping address (including zip code) and personal data for tax declaration (for example, your residential address, ID or passport number and its copy).
Furthermore, in addition to the above personal data, you may need to provide your bank account information when you join our cashback event.
- Your age, gender, height, weight, body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure, movement of belly as well as certain data about your daily activities, for example, your step taken, calories burned, sleep patterns and diary records when you use our healthcare products and services.
- Your product data, such as your product serial number, IP Address, MAC Address, IMEI number, Android ID number and other unique product identifiers when you use ASUS products and services.
- Your location data associated with ASUS products and services, such as your GPS signal, data identifying nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers, the country, city, time zone, latitude, longitude, altitude and precision of coordinates where your product is located, movement speed of your product, your country and language settings on your product.
- Your voice, video, communication records when you contact ASUS (for example, by calling to ASUS call center, using ASUS online chat services, filling out online application form on ASUS official website and sending emails to ASUS). Moreover, we may record your image through security cameras when you visit ASUS Royal Club repair stations or ASUS offices. Furthermore, we may collect your voice instruction as well as your video record which may contain the image of your home environment when you use our robot-related products and services. The above voice, video and communication records may contain your personal data.
1.2 How ASUS uses your personal data
We may use your personal data for the purposes below. Please note that ASUS does not sell your personal data.
- To assess and improve the performance and quality of ASUS products and services.
- To obtain customer feedback and to analyze user experience for the purpose of development and evaluation of new products and services.
- To fulfill the sign-up process of ASUS/ROG account and to experience ASUS products and services associated with ASUS/ROG account (for example, product registration and ASUS’ forums services).
- To provide delivery services (for example, delivering your purchased products) and order status updates, as well as to issue invoices.
- To process and fulfill any subscriptions you have signed up for, including ASUS eDMs or newsletters to keep you up to date with the latest ASUS news, promotions and upcoming events. You may unsubscribe it at any time with no charge.
- To send you important notifications and updates, such as software updates, security and technical notices and communications about changes to our terms, conditions and policies. Because of the importance of such notifications and updates, you may not opt out of receiving them.
- To verify your identity, deliver event or campaign entries and rewards, contact you for event or campaign-related matters, provide cashback allowance, declare tax and provide shuttle services and cover you with insurance (if necessary) when you enter our events or contests.
- To assist you on recording, analyzing, modifying and storing data including your body data, your daily activities and the activity results calculated from the data above. Moreover, we will support you on editing and accessing the data and activity results when you share this data with your family, caregivers or health care professionals.
- To provide you with customer support services (for example, to fulfill your product repair requests and respond to your questions), our customer care and customer satisfaction survey for user experience analysis. Also, to protect your rights and interests and to adopt access control, we may collect your voice, video and communication records when you contact ASUS or visit our physical premises such as ASUS Royal Club repair stations and ASUS offices. Moreover, we may collect your voice and video records to assist ASUS robot-related products and services arriving at the specific destination upon your request.
- To provide you with personalized marketing services, for example, using third party cookies to offer marketing communications and advertising that we believe may be of interest of you, or recommendation about services you may be interested in based on your use of ASUS products and services.
- Any other purposes with your prior consent.
1.3 ASUS collection and usage of anonymous data
Anonymous data means any data which could not directly or indirectly identify you, such as your product model, software version and date of invoice. When you use ASUS products and services, we may collect the following anonymous data from you, and use it for any purposes. Moreover, when the following anonymous data is connected with your personal data listed above, we will also treat such anonymous data as personal data and protect it at the same level of protection for personal data.
- Your log data associated with ASUS products and services, such as your product model name, product name, brand name, manufacturer name, part number, type and version of hardware (for example, CPU and motherboard) and operation system, factory-default settings, activation time, firmware update data (for example, the execution method for firmware update, update date and result of update), size of memory and storage, Read-Only Memory (ROM) related data (for example, type, version, build fingerprint and build description of ROM), camera resolution, product color, the telecom and network you use to connect to our products and services, the status of the network, telephony log data, standby status, crash history, preferred interface, type, version and language settings of browser, diagnosis and usage data, your usage behavior, version of GPS and Wi-Fi, system status (for example, usage status of battery, CPU and RAM) and local time.
- Your application data associated with your usage and interaction with ASUS applications and software, such as the name and version of applications and software, the install and uninstall time, login and logout time, frequency and numbers of your usage, open and close time of applications and software, the category of your preferred applications and software, usage behavior settings, update version and update result.
- Your purchase information of ASUS products and services (for example, the purchase date and reseller’s name) when you request for certain customer support services (for example, product repair services) or join our events.
2.Retention of your personal data
This paragraph introduces how long ASUS retains your personal data.
3.To whom ASUS may disclose your personal data
This paragraph introduces ASUS may share your personal data to third parties under limited circumstances and purposes.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to any third parties without one of the following exceptions:
3.1 Your Consent
- We will only disclose or share your personal data to other third parties with your prior consent.
3.3 For legal, protection, security purposes
We may disclose or share necessary items of your personal data with third parties for one of the following legal or security purposes:
- To the extent it is required by applicable laws or regulations or competent governmental or judicial authorities, necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of ASUS, our service providers, customers or the public, as required or permitted by law.
4.Cross-border processing of your personal data
This paragraph introduces ASUS may transfer your personal data to different countries, and we endeavor to comply with privacy-related laws and regulations in such countries.
5.Cookies and similar technologies
1. In order to enrich and perfect your online experiences, we use the following cookies which are essential to ASUS products and services:
2. For analytics purpose and to provide you with personalized advertising services and other functions, we use the following cookies to optimize your experiences in using ASUS products and services:
This type of cookies is also used to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns, such as Hubrus DSP provided by Hubrus, Google AdWords cookies and Google Double Click cookies provided by Google Inc. The collected cookies data may be used between ASUS and advertising campaign service providers.
5.2 How to manage cookies settings
- Please note that you can configure cookies settings by accessing the browser you install to accept, block or delete some or all of cookies (for example, third party cookies).
- If you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of ASUS products and services.
- The functions of cookies settings may vary depending on the type and version of browser you install. We try to list common and widely-used types of browsers as following. You may refer to the below linkages to understand how to control your cookies settings through browsers (The content in the following linkages is English. For your easier reading, please find the language option in the following linkages to select your preferred language). Also, if you do not use any of the following browsers, or the content in the following linkages is removed or not accessible, please visit those browsers’ privacy-related statements or support pages for further information. You may also refer to / (the content in this linkage is English) which introduces how to manage your cookies settings through various browsers.
A web beacon is an often-transparent graphic 1x1 (pixel) GIF or PNG image that is implemented on websites or in an email to measure the effectiveness of campaigns. ASUS or our service providers may use web beacons to know if you visit certain pages or click links in ASUS products and services. We may implement web beacons in our marketing communications such as eDMs or ASUS newsletters to know which communication contents you have clicked or read. We will use the data from web beacons to improve our websites and ASUS products and services.
6. Third-party links in ASUS products and services
This paragraph introduces when you visit any links or use any services provided by third parties, please always refer to privacy-related statements issued by third parties.
This paragraph introduces how ASUS protects your personal data and provides some suggestions on how to protect your personal data at your end.
We take precautions to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. We conduct internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and technical and organizational security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your personal data.
Transmission of personal data between different locations of ASUS and its affiliated entities is performed through our secured wide area network. When you submit your personal data to us, your personal data is protected both online and offline.
However, ASUS cannot guarantee perfect security on the internet. To protect your personal data from unauthorized access, we recommend that you:
7.1 To appropriately protect your ASUS/ROG account, for example:
- To use alphanumerical passwords when signing up ASUS/ROG account.
- To use your own account name and password to log in ASUS/ROG account. Also, you are solely and entirely responsible for securing the confidentiality of your account name and password and for any and all activities that occur under your ASUS/ROG account.
- To change your passwords of ASUS/ROG account on a regular basis.
- To immediately contact us when you find that the account name/password of your ASUS /ROG account had been misappropriated. ASUS may suspend or terminate the permission to login to your ASUS/ROG account with such account name/password (or any part thereof), and remove your personal data related to your ASUS/ROG account.
7.2To keep your products up to date by applying the latest available security updates for your software and use such tools as virus/spyware scanners.
7.3 If you become aware of a security and technical vulnerability affecting ASUS products and services, please contact us through ASUS Product Security Advisory at /Static_WebPage/ASUS-Product-Security-Advisory/
8. How to manage your personal data
This paragraph introduces that if you may have any inquiries or requests on your personal data collected by ASUS, you may login to your “ASUS/ROG account”, visit “ASUS Privacy FAQ” or manage privacy-related settings on particular ASUS products and services you use. Also, you may contact us through “Customer’s Request on Personal Data” interface on ASUS official website, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone.
8.1 ASUS/ROG account
- Please provide your true, accurate, current and complete personal data to ASUS under your ASUS/ROG account so that ASUS can provide you with the corresponding ASUS products and services.
- You may view and change your ASUS/ROG account data by logging in to your ASUS/ROG account and editing your account data.
- If you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe ASUS eDM and notice with ASUS news, latest products and services, you may change the setting by logging in to your ASUS/ROG account find “Subscribe” on the left column choose “YES” or “NO”. If you choose “NO” for unsubscription, please be noted that it may take around 2 business days to complete the unsubscription process.
8.2ASUS products and services
You are free to choose to enable or disable sharing your personal data with ASUS through privacy-related settings in particular ASUS products and services at all times when you use such ASUS products and services.
- You can manage cookies settings through the browser you install to accept, block or delete some or all of cookies (for example, third party cookies) or adopt other settings at all times.
- If you do not wish ASUS to provide you with personalized marketing services and advertisement through third party cookies, you may block or delete third party cookies through your browser at all times.
8.4 Contact ASUS to manage your personal data
If you have any inquiries or requests about your personal data under your ASUS/ROG account or other personal data collected by ASUS, such as request for access, correction, download, blocking or deletion for your personal data, please contact us by one of the following ways. For example, you may contact us if you think ASUS has wrongfully collected and used your personal data and may demand restriction of the use of your personal data under certain circumstances (for instance, you may contact us if you do not wish your personal data to be analyzed) at all times.
- Please visit “ASUS Privacy Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)” at /support/FAQ/1041753
- Please file your requests through “Customer’s Request on Personal Data” interface at /us/support/privacydata
- Please send an email to email@example.com
- Please call us at the relevant customer support number at /us/support/callus
8.5 Whenever you use ASUS products and services, we strive to maintain the accuracy of your personal data and protect your personal data against any accidental or malicious destruction. We will accommodate your requests regarding your personal data; however, we may not be able to fulfill your above requests in one of the following circumstances:
- As required or permitted under application laws;
- For legitimate business purposes;
- Unreasonably repetitive requests that require disproportionate technical efforts and resources, for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing the current practices;
- Potentially risks on the privacy of others;
9. Children’s Privacy
This paragraph introduces that in order to protect children’s privacy, if you are a child, please seek your parent (or guardian)’s consent before you provide your personal data to ASUS. Also, if your parent (or guardian) would like to manage your personal data, he/ she may visit “ASUS Privacy FAQ” and contact us through “Customer’s Request on Personal Data” interface on ASUS official website, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from a child below the age of sixteen (16) or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction without parental consent. We encourage parent (or guardian) to take an active role in a child’s online activities and interests while using ASUS products and services.
If you are a child, please seek parental consent before your use of ASUS products and services. You may submit your personal data with parental (or guardian’s) consent to us only. Your parent (or guardian) can reach us through one of the contact channels listed in “8.4 Contact ASUS to manage your personal data” to consent to the processing of your personal data, to revoke or withdraw any consent previously given, to request for access, correction, download, blocking or deletion for your personal data. For example, your parent (or guardian) may contact us if he/she thinks ASUS has wrongfully collected and used your personal data and may demand restriction of the use of personal data under certain circumstances (for instance, your parent (or guardian) may contact us if he/she does not wish your personal data to be analyzed) at all times.
10. Sensitive Personal Data
In our general practices, ASUS does not ask you to provide sensitive personal data such as data about your medical or health records, political, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal offences (alleged, or committed), criminal conviction background, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, sexual orientation, sexual history, behavior or genetic data. Please refrain from providing us with such sensitive personal data.
12. Contacting Us
Attn: Personal Data Protection Committee
Address: 15, Li-Te Rd., Taipei 112, Taiwan
Updated December 31, 2019 by ASUS Personal Data Protection Committee